Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The evolution...

The music industry is evolving and we should allow the artists to create, by supporting them through direct downloads of their music. This will allow the rebirth of the artist without the control of the “suits”, whom still decide what music should be. When the artists did control the music we had the most wonderful songs created. The suits took away that right in the early 70’s, after the death of true artists like the Beatles and Hendrix, when the music was alive.

When I was learning music we had “record players” and I wore out quite a few albums learning how to play. The youth now have unbelievable technology available to assist their learning, with the advent of you tube. I remember playing the albums at 16 speed so I could figure out the speed runs. I used to take the needle and go over the parts until I got them right. Looking at you tube now, I can see Roy Buchanan and watch what he is doing to get his sound. Before I was guessing after wearing out 5 copies of “Livestock”. This is incredible for young guitar players and if left to their own thoughts, we shall see “new” music. We have all been waiting for the next Hendrix and he will appear if we create the space with our support.

Seven years ago I was involved in a near death experience and was in a coma for awhile. When I got home I could not remember how to play guitar anymore and it made me very determined to remember this again. I was able to create new songs, made a CD , got radio play and am thankful that it did not cost me too much. Now I am creating new songs and they will only be available on the net for download as this is the most economical way to offer your music. This is the only way to get the “suits” out of the business. They did murder Hendrix and Lennon. This is truly an exciting time in the history of popular music.

We are currently working on new material and will be offering our song “we are still here” as the first download available. The video for this song is being finished now and when it is ready we will offer it, and the song, for download. With no manufacturing, we eliminate waste in the landfill. With no associated transportation charges, we lessen the carbon output. When supporting the artists directly, we eliminate corruption. Man did not weave the web of life, he is but a mere strand in it. What ever he does to the web he does to himself.

The music will get back to connecting people’s hearts with the heartbeat of mother earth, as it was always meant to do. The artists job historically, has been to reconnect the people in trying times, like we are in now. “The Project for Peace” will answer it’s call. Do your part and download our creations helping us to continue spreading peace on earth. It is a great time to be alive.

Unity, Strength, Peace,
thahoketoteh of Kanekota

No comments: